Monday, November 05, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Dear Miriam

Junior Writer - Job Number 363566

Thank you very much for your interest in the position of junior writer and my apologies for taking this long to respond. We had an enormous number of applications for the role and I regret to inform you that we won't be proceeding further with yours at this stage. As this process has indicated, staff jobs in journalism are highly sought after and this is not an easy career to enter. However, many successful writers do get a start in journalism as contributors and freelancers - getting published eventually opens doors. I am always on the lookout for freelance contributors to the magazine, both as regular writers and for one-off ideas, and I would welcome your suggestions for stories in the future.

Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you in the future,

No comments: