Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Dear Miriam,

Thank you very much for applying for the position of Casual Proposal Writer. Unfortunately, I do not have good news.

I received an unanticipated response both in terms of quality and quantity to the newspaper and Internet advertisements, which made the selection process for candidates to interview very competitive. 

Miriam, I know that you met the criteria in many ways.  There were however, applicants who were an even closer match to the position.  I would not like you to see this as a rejection of your background by any means.  It reflects, instead, the competitive nature of the field in response to this advertisement.

Because I value your interest, I would like to retain your CV on file for a period of six months in the event that an appropriate position becomes available again.  Please let me know if you do not wish us to keep your CV on record.

Thank you once again for your interest and I wish you every success in your job search endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

No comments: